#SixforSunday is hosted by Steph at A Little But A Lot. Every week there is a bookish-themed prompt to inspire 6 choices.
This month focuses on Share the Love and this week the prompt is reasons I Love blogging.
The original post for this week was much longer, deeper and personal than what is actually here now. I know it sounds silly but I chickened out a little, like no one needs to know that much crazy! But still I think these short little points sum up a lot about why blogging has been a very powerful thing for me, for my mental health and self worth and in turn for the Fae too.
- Finding out about new and exciting books that I would not come across in my local brand name bookshop that really sadly neglects its children’s section.
- Expressing my opinion about books which has a knock-on affect of positive exercise for my brain and boost to mental health.
- Discovering and discussing other people’s thoughts and feelings about books too, finding agreements, disagreements and all the spaces in between that can exist in a healthy way.
- Finding and resonating with other bookish people who just aren’t as easy to find IRL.
- When someone genuinely resonates with your review or post or you find someone actually read a book because of you. That is just such an awesome feeling.
- Being able to be a little ray of sunshine about what I’m interested in and enthusiastic because that’s really not cool in the real life circles I’ve moved in!! It’s just so wonderful to be able to breathe in that way without worrying people think you are insincere (if people do that’s ok, that’s their feeling, it’s not true. I may be a worry wort but I am Pinky Pie/Funshine Bear about the things I love and that I’m beginning to understand is ok) This enthusiastic sharing of my love of books hopefully inspiring my daughters to love books and share their opinions too.