#20BooksOfSummer is an annual event hosted by Cathy Brown of 746 Books and runs from 1 June to 1 September With the aim to clearing a target of 5, 10 or 20 books from your TBR but with very relaxed and fun rules.
I didn’t take part in 20 Books of Summer last year, I wasn’t in a good place then and unable to read as much as I wanted to and felt it would be a great big dampener on the success of my first 20 Books of Summer Challenge. This year whilst better I’m not quite up to my old speed, but boy, do I have a Tsundoko of a TBR.
So I’m going for it, even though I’m starting late (again!). This year will be a mix of books I have on my TBR but haven’t had the chance to including several I missed last year.
My self imposed rules are:
- it can’t be a book that is about to or has JUST been released.
- It must be a book I have personally purchased. (I’m going to be loose on this one with Spirit as I won it!)
- No over-dominance by a single publisher but doesn’t mean one per publisher.
- No duplicate authors even if I really want to.
- Try for depth and breadth of and within genres.
Hopefully, my reading mojo will be back in force as I my speed and appetite for reading has increased recently let’s keep our fingers crossed that this streak continues.
The 2021 List IS (in no particular order)
- The Castle of Tangled Magic – Sophie Anderson (Usborne 2020)
- A Girl called Justice:: The Smugglers’ Secret – Elly Griffiths (Quercus 2020)
- The House at the Edge of Magic – Amy Sparkes (Walker Books 2021)
- The Obsidian Mirror Catherine Fisher (Hodder 2015)
- Good Girl, Bad Blood- Holly Jackson (Electric Monkey 2020)
- Darwin’s Dragons- Lindsay Galvin (Chicken House 2021)
- The Violet Veil Mysteries – Sophie Cleverly (Harper Collins 2021)
- Gracie Fairshaw & the Mysterious Guest- Susan Brownrigg (UcLan 2020)
- The Forest of Moon and Sword – Amy Raphael (Orion
- Winterborne Home for Mayhem and Mystery – Ally Carter (Orchard 2021)
- The Good Thieves- Katherine Rundell (Bloomsbury 2019)
- The Tzar’s Curious Runaways- Robin Scott-Elliot (Everything with Words 2019)
- Spirit – Sally Christie (David Fickling Books 2018)
- Nightbird- Alice Hoffman (Simon & Schuster 2015)
- Rose Raventhorpe Investigates- Janine Beacham (Little Brown 2017)
- One of Us is Lying- Karen M McManus (Penguin 2017)
- The Midnight Guardians – Ross Montgomery (Walker Books 2020)
- The Unadoptables- Hana Tooke (Puffin 2020)
- The Wordsmith- Patricia Forde (Little Island 2015)
- Molly Thompson and the Crypt of the Blue Moon – Nick Tomlinson (Walker 2020)
What do you think of my list?
Am I crazy for thinking I can read my other books alongside?
Thanks again to Mary Rees of Book Craic for originally introducing me to this challenge.